Governance has been undergoing a transformation and now encompasses an even broader range of risks. This session will focus on the risks that generative AI (gAI) poses to companies, how boards should manage those risks, and how to mitigate potential shareholder litigation regarding board oversight of emerging technologies.
Corporate Board Member Network will host Freshfields partners Beth George and Pam Marcogliese who will share their firsthand experiences from advising boards and a wide cross-section of clients on gAI risks.
- IP risks, such as loss of IP protection, breach of 3rd party data rights/contractual obligations, and 3rd party IP infringement;
- regulatory risks, including existing regulator risks and emerging AI regulations; and
- reputational risks such as biased output, inaccurate output, and breaches of ethical norms.
- Understand the key elements of an effective data strategy, which requires having an eye on multiple regulators and overlapping trends in data regulation, risk management, and tech.
- Have a plan to address expectations and management reporting on the development, use, and deployment of gAI.
- How to ensure the board is exercising its fiduciary duties and creating a proper record